Insurance Protection for Storage Customers
This insurance coverage is designed to protect your household goods and other property against loss and/or damage due to fire, burglary (by forcible entry), explosion, malicious damage, windstorm, smoke damage, lightning, earthquake, impact (excluding damage caused by vermin, insects – wildlife), riots and strikes, aircraft, water damage, storm and/or tempest and/or rainwater.
The policy will indemnify you for such losses.
Self-storage complexes generally do not provide insurance and disclaim liability for damage or loss of your stored property. The point is this: if you want to insure your property against loss due to the above perils, you must provide your own Insurance.
Midland insurance Brokers have prepared this low cost, broad coverage insurance policy for the convenience of storage customers. (Storage insurance can be costly and difficult to obtain through most conventional companies.)
Consider what it would cost to replace the goods you are storing. Just a few major items may have a substantial value. Self Storage Insurance can protect your property and your peace of mind. And, you purchase only the amount of insurance you need for as long as you need it.
To be fully reimbursed for loss or damage, be certain to select a sufficient amount of insurance to cover the maximum loss.
Sum Insured $
to 3 months $
to 6 months $
to 9 months $
to 12 months $
* Minimum premium $55
- All applications are subject to approval.
- All premiums must be prepaid.
- Maximum coverage available is$50,000 per space.
- The policy is subject to a 3 month minimum term and $55 minimum premium.
The policy does not cover:
- War, warlike operations, invasion, hostilities, civil war, rebellion.
- Confiscation, requisition or destruction by order of government or statutory authority.
- Nuclear weapons, material, fuel or waste and ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity there from. Losses which are otherwise recoverable from any other insurance contract.
- Any consequential loss.
There is no coverage provided for currency, deeds, securities, money notes, jewellery, watches, precious stones, furs or garments trimmed with fur, paintings, curios and works of art.
Burglary coverage exists when there are visible signs of forcible entry to your Individual storage space or the building.
Coverage ceases upon removal of insured property from the individual storage space nominated on your proposal form
Excess – $200 – All claims This is only a summary of the details of the policy. Be sure to read the terms, conditions and limitations of the actual policy.